Translate

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Flowers everywhere

Hello,
As you can see, it is very springy here. We are spending as much time outside as possible theses days. I’m happy none of us are suffering from any allergies, and I’m so sorry for my brother and many others who do, and so can’t enjoy it, as there is soooo much beauty everywhere.


















































All this warm weather has got me thinking about the vest, I crocheted for myself six years ago while expecting my baby. I thought, you might find this pattern interesting for coming summer.





























Circular vest pattern









Size: EU 38 – 42 (UK 10 – 14)
Cca 110cm ( 44” ) in diameter

Materials: 550g of any 100% cotton (120m on 50g)
Hook size H/5mm
Button, needle




























Note: The material you can use is really up to you. It doesn’t need to be cotton as long as it is suitable for 5mm hook, it wouldn’t affect the size much.











Vest:
Ch 8, slst. to form the circle.
Follow the chart.
In rows 20 and 21 you should have 364 st.
In row 22 sc together equally 4times = 360 st., so the pattern works.
After 29th row we should have 510 st.
In row 30 we skip 48dcs for armholes from previous row (you can see it on the chart) and do 48ch instead. Follow by crocheting 79 sc’s and make another armhole same way as the first one and keep following the chart.
Finishing:
Sew the button on wrong side of the vest, cca 5cm from start of row 48. It’s marked on the top of the chart by a little arrow.

Don’t be scared. It only looks difficult, but when you’ll get into the pattern, you’ll find it easy.
Clara






23 comments:

  1. I went to this pattern from the share a pattern site but can't seem to access the actual pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a written pattern for this vest? I am not very good at reading visual patterns.
    Thank you for your time in reading my request.
    Bldroflight (Kelly) Isiswildheart@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I don't have written pattern for the vest.
      Clara

      Delete
  3. Beautiful vest but the chart is too small to follow, any chance to have a written pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I don't have written pattern for the vest.
      Clara

      Delete
    2. I saved the image from the webpage (just right click and then select "save image") and then opened it up in my photo viewer (just double-click on the file once it's saved and it will open). In the photo viewer you can zoom in and out to see each row.

      Delete
  4. since there is no gauge, can you tell me how many inches from the center of the motif to the arm hole?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you please tell me what Cca means? and is 21" from the center of the motif to the armhole, or from armhole edge to armhole edge?

    ReplyDelete
  6. what are sizes in American size not uk size thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    The vest looks very nice. Is it alright for me to take the diagram and enlarge it? I am almost 70 yrs old and the diagram is a little small for these old eyes to read. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking at the pattern, I think it should have been ccw, Counter Clock Wise. The W is just above the A on the keyboard. May have been a typo.
    Love the pattern.
    Dick

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've gotten through row 31 but before I move onto row 32 can you tell me how many 3dc clusters I should have on row 31. Somehow I think I may have too many.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The diagram pattern can be converted to a written pattern with a little time. I printed the diagram and wrote a pattern for the first 8 rounds. After that it was just easier to look at the diagram to finish my vest. A tip: every chain 3 at the beginning of each round counts as a double crochet. Round 2. If you don't use it as a dc your count will be way off towards the end. I am currently trying to finish the written pattern...

    ReplyDelete
  11. What size does it end up

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this pattern but I haven't mastered working from a chart. Is there a chance of a written pattern please?

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a beautiful pattern, but I'm reluctant to try it without knowing the gauge. It is just to vague. Can anyone give me a ballpark on the gauge?

    I'm on Ravelry as DeRavel59

    ReplyDelete
  14. Could anyone tell me how to make this bigger, is it just a case of move the armholes and do more rounds ? I’d absolutely love to make it but I’m bigger than a 14

    ReplyDelete
  15. Incredible posting this is from you. I am really and truly thrilled to read this marvelous post. You’ve really impressed me today. I hope you’ll continue to do so!
    If you are looking for umbrellas with company logo printing. Get connected with us for more details.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wanted to express my admiration for your ability to make even the most intricate topics accessible. Your commitment to clarity is truly commendable.

    Beige Marble in Dubai

    ReplyDelete